Do find yourself typing the same message over and over to parents, students, etc? Canned Responses is a Lab that allows you to insert pre-formatted content you create into your messages.
To enable Canned Responses,
- Click on the Gear in the upper right of the Google Mail window.
- Select Settings, and click on Advanced Tab.
- Click the Enable radio button.
- Finally, at the top or bottom of the window, click the Save Changes button.
- When either composing or replying to an email, you will have the option to insert a canned response.
- Type your email reply in the message window. (You would like to save this message as a canned response.)
- Click on down arrow in the lower right corner of the message window to save your canned response.
- Click Canned Responses, Click New Response and Name your response.
- Click the OK button.
To use a Canned Response, click the Compose mail button.
- In the message window, click on the down arrow in the lower right corner and choose Insert > [canned response title].
- Once inserted, you can edit (as needed). You can also insert Canned Responses when replying or forwarding messages.